Monday, July 31, 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook for July 31, 2017

For Today... Monday July 31 - The August? Seriously? Edition



Looking out my window ... it's pretty warm and sunny. Actually, I can't look out the window because the blinds are drawn to keep the morning sun out.

I am thinking ... very little. I'm resting after a wonderfully enriching weekend.

I am thankful ... for my friends, for their generosity, for the weekend we had together. My heart is full.


One of my favorite things ... safety in travel, modern technology that connects people whether in virtuality or reality.

I am wearing ... Buckeye t-shirt - football starts soon!

I am creating ... a new design to the layout. The graphics needed a little refresh - what do you all think?

I am reading ... In Memoriam: A Tribute to Charlotte Mason recently republished by Brandy Vencel. Actually, I was reading it in May but I couldn't tell you then; I read a handful of the tribute pieces in the new typeset comparing to the old as a small part of a team helping Brandy bring this to the community sooner. She brought me a copy to Portland; I didn't expect to see my name though and was surprised this morning!



I am hoping ... to re-watch and listen to Saturday's Schole Sisters Retreat so I can soak the wisdom without distraction. So thankful I could serve, now I get to learn :)

I am learning ... about how to lead withing my own conflict avoidant nature.

In my kitchen ... I have no idea. M-girl made grilled cheese for lunch.

In the school room ... we'll not spend much of our week. This week we'll do Whatchamacallit, Swim Lessons, and Math this week. That's all!


In my garden ... my kiddos watered while I was away; I haven't checked how things look yet.

Post Script ... so many exciting things on the horizon. I am so blessed to be a part of the homeschool community and so thankful that I have the opportunity to serve.

Shared Quote ... from Out of the Ashes: Rebuilding American Culture by Anthony Esolen:




A moment from my day ... OK, so it's not every day that I meet these amazing ladies - Brandy, Pam, Mystie, and Kortney ... but it was a very special moment. The internet has truly shrunk the world.



Closing Notes:
I suppose it's very obvious that my mind is full of the weekend I just spent. I couldn't have done it without the love and kindness of my husband, Jason, and my wonderful children; the travel expertise of my brother, Kevin; the generosity and friendship of the ladies above; and, most of all, my heavenly Father who showers blessing on His children even what they dream but don't ask.

Linking up with The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love and reply to comments because I love building community with my readers!